It's kind of tough to come up with something to write about every single day. I wish my life and my thoughts were so interesting that I could! Instead, I indulged in some deep meditative brainstorming - yeah, I slept - and came up with a very creative idea that I copied from this Flickr group.
I bought a canvas that is 11x14" in size. I am going to put my mark on it and then I am going to send it out to a NaBloWriMoer who is willing to be next. I'd like to ensure that this collaborative piece of art does not end up with a large carbon footprint so routing is going to be important. Since I am in Colorado, I'd prefer that it did the tour of Colorado first before heading out of the state. Shipping within the US could be about $10 or more, based on the description of the Flickr group. There is one NaBloWriMoer who is not in the USA, and unless someone is willing to mail this package at international rates, I'm afraid that Nags may not be able to put her mark on this Traveling NaBloWriMo Masterpiece.
These are the NaBloWriMo bloggers with their locations:
- Indian Food Rocks - Louisville, CO
- Culinary Colorado - Boulder, CO
- Use Real Butter - Nederland, CO
- groovygrrl - Denver, CO
- The Kittalog - Denver, CO
- Digging In - Denver, CO
- Conch-to-be - Denver, CO
- Aaron Delay - Denver, CO
- Seriously Wonderful - Denver, CO
- Fun Climbs Around the World - Silverthorne, CO
- Jugalbandi - Boise, Idaho
- Nags of a Similar Ilk - CA
- I'm Not Hannah - GA
- Thistle Dew Farm - Knoxville, TN
- Akshayapatram - OH (Priya's included in this list even though she's not on the official list.)
- Mimi On The Move - Brooklyn, NY
- Damn Yankee, Vermont - VT
- Enjoy Indian Food - US
- Siri's Corner - US
- Straight From Hel - US
- Here it is!!! - TX
- Cooking and Me - Singapore
- Use oil paints, acrylic paints or even a Sharpie.
- Doodle, paint, write. Just remember to leave some space for those on the list after you!
- Let the paint dry and send it out to the next person on the list as soon as possible - like that very day or the next day. I'll create a document on Google Docs and share it with all of those who wish to participate.
- No nudity or profanity allowed. Any art that is family and kid-friendly is welcome.
- Own it when it is with you and make it colorful.
- Take a picture of it, a self-portrait if you wish, before you send it on to the next person on the list. Post this picture on your blog. See? I am giving you fodder for a post! If you're creative, you could have at least two posts from it!
- There's no need for link love but that, too, is always welcome. Link to this post or to the post of the blogger who sent it to you and to the blogger you will send it to.
- Please do not disclose email addresses and snail mail addresses that you may be privy to because of this travelin masterpiece, to the world or the general public without the explicit permission of the person concerned.
- Most of all, have fun!
Be aware that this may go well into November, long after NaBloWriMo is over. Once everyone has had their chance to collaborate on this traveling masterpiece of art, we will pick a random number and that person can have the painting! How does that sound?
It makes most sense for me to mail it to Jen Yu or to Claire Walter, if they are keen on joining in, and then have it go to Denver as there are so many NaBloWriMoers there. Suggestions are welcome!
If you read this before you hear from me either via a comment on your blog or by email, please write to me at polarmate at gmail dot com letting me know if you are in or out. If you are in, please include your mailing address. I'd like to mail this out tomorrow or latest by Friday morning.
I'm hoping you will like this idea! Any takers?
For non-NaBloWriMoers: sorry to leave you out but you can do what you do anyway: cheer us on!