Thank you, Lee!
I also have some very vocal friends...so how could I not post this recipe again? Just for them?
Cluster Beans with Dried Black Peas
- Have a dear friend lug you a packet of kale vatane from a thousand miles away
- Look at them longingly, touch them, enjoy their color and texture
- When you have had enough of visual pleasure and gustation becomes imminent, soak 1/4 cup kale vatane overnight, in at least twice the amount of water
- Wash the kale vatane and cook them in a pressure cooker with at least 1/2 cup water for 2-3 whistles. If you skip soaking them, you need to cook them in the pressure cooker for at least 8-10 whistles. I recommend the former as you will be doing your bit for our overheated planet
- Make Chitkyachi Bhaji, a bhaji that is always on the menu on auspicious occasions in our family, including shraddha.
How can I not send this to Nupur for her RCI - Maharashtrian Cuisine? I have to!
If you're still grumbling about recipe redux, consider this: how could a post about friends not be about nostalgia? Even Indira's recipe was revisited. So there!