Inspired by Ashwini.
I followed her recipe except that I used
- two egg-whites instead of one egg
- 3/4 tsp baking soda, as an altitude adjustment
- 1/4 cup orange juice, also as an altitude adjustment
- 2 cups all purpose flour, cos I was too lazy to sift two different types of flour
- 4 oz cranberry-orange yogurt and 4 oz orange creme yogurt. Why? Because the cranberry orange yogurt was so delicious that I finished half the cup before I knew it!
- 1/2 cup walnuts, cos I am crazy about them and as of these holidays, slightly allergic to them, too! The sides of my tongue hurt and I feel the need to bite down on that area and hurt it even more. According to the best neurologist in the NY-NJ area, it's a mild allergic reaction.
- I skipped the dessicated coconut in the bread but sprinkled some unsweetened coconut powder on top in deference to taste buds that are only 8 years young.
Verdict: A big huge YUM! Easy to make. Next time, I will make it with just one egg-white.
More pictures of the Quick Orange Walnut Bread to drool over.
Thank you, Ashwini!