Before anyone else says, Where's the recipe?...
It's on yer blogs! Most of them anyway!
From left to right:
- Indosungod's lime pickle in its first stage, cooking in the sun. The large man's handkerchief has been put to good use yet again. It rained and the several thick layers of good quality cotton, that can only be found in India, held it at bay.
- Grapefruit pickle. Thanks, Pel, for the idea. The pickle masala is just like my lemon pickle. I used 3 medium sized grapefruits instead of lemons.
- Mixed veggie pickle. Thanks, Roopa, for the idea. I made this just like my lime pickle and added 2 carrots and reduced the limes to 7 instead of 9.
- My lemon pickle, because I am all out!
- Also, in progress, is adamaanga, a sun-dried mango pickle from Ammini's Grains, Greens and Grated Coconuts. I don't have pictures for that yet.
Grapefruit marmalade. Thank you, Anita! I used 1 medium sized grapefruit instead of limes. My pectin syrup was almost non-existent because the grapefruit didn't have any pips and the limes and lemons used in the pickles above yielded a measly amount of pips. No matter, it's delightful! It is more bitter than orange marmalade and a must for karela lovers!
Okra salad. Thank you, Gini! I finally made it even though the okra was not that great. We had it for dinner tonight, with Greek pitas toasted in the oven.
From my garden to yours...I hope you had a wonderful relaxing weekend.